- The module that we use to import nodes is CSV Importer. It was the only one that was stable and ready for Drupal 8.
- So I had to convert the xlsx file you gave me to a CSV. I just use this online tool, so it's no big deal.
- After that, I open the CSV file up in Sublime Text because if you open it in Excel, Microsoft inserts weird characters and the formatting can be affected. Also, Sublime Text has regex search and replace, which makes editing things very efficient.
- Here are the steps I take in the video above:
- Change the fields in the header to match the Drupal field names. Thanks again for providing the field mappings for me!
- Remove the minutes and seconds from the date field, because the field for that content type does not require them. I used regex search and replace to do this. (Note: see the number of rows and the number of replacements. They should be identical.)
DELETE AND IMPORT NEWSROOM
- Before the video was recorded, I imported the new CSV to see if the fields would be updated, but they were all added as new nodes instead. I suspect that this is because the news ids had also changed.
- So I had to go and delete them all, using bulk delete (Configuration -> Development -> Bulk Delete).
- Then I went back and imported all of the new nodes with our modified CSV file (Configuration -> Development -> CSV Importer).